This blog was created to document both the joys and frustrations of living in a 1960s Eichler home. We moved into our family’s first home in December 2014 and have been working on it a little bit at a time. It wasn’t a true fixer-upper but there were definitely some things we wanted to improve. Some of it was DIYed and some needed the help of an experienced contractor or a very handy (and kind!) relative. Here’s a little bit of what we’ve done so far.
- Ripped out the old carpet and replaced with hardwood
- Painted some of the walls white
- Refinished the bathtub and shower
- Replaced plastic switchplates with metal ones
- Replaced some light fixtures and ceiling fans
- Ripped out moldy drapes and replaced with blinds
- Repaired an old fence
- Fix the back deck
That’s all folks! One project at a time.